Saturday 28 April 2012

Publication Date November 2012

Yesterday was bizarre on many levels. As part of project `Trojan Horse` I went through the motions of seeing my counseller, turning on the charm and using my `gift of the gab`.
All was going to plan except at the end of the hour I was sort of offered a job - and this is the `God`s Honest Truth`.
The lady said "with your background of being a troubled teenager and in care you would be a ideal person to work with problem youngsters".
I was stunned and almost lost for words - but moments later I was genuinely `lost for words`. She added "you could help mentor teenagers coming out of care".
What me work with/for Social Services? That would be like a Jewish person joining the BNP or Mike Tyson the KKK.
I explained that I considered Social Workers and Fosters Carers as corrupt. But she wouldnt have it and suggested I would make a great Support Worker.
She then said "Your next meeting with me is in 2 weeks but I want you to come and see me next week to discuss a formal job application".
I`m now beginning to panic thinking `me and my big mouth` saying "but I aint got no qualifications". She replied "not a problem, with your background of being in care, in trouble, working in the music business, they will relate to you".

No comments:

Post a Comment