Wednesday 19 November 2014

Garry Johnson Dead Men Cant Talk (part 4)

Dead men cant talk and a dying man knows when he is running out of time. Garry Bushell wants my story told not because I was the best Street Punk Poet but because I was the greatest Fleet Street Blagger in history. Gal also loves the way I can remember everything from the past - who I met - when we met and what was said. I can recall conversations and showbiz stories as if they occured yesterday...plus I have my scrapbooks of press cuttings to support my claims and prove I was the Fleet Street Scammer. Its weird how I can remember my schooldays, teenage past, football achievements, my years in and around Punk Rock and showbiz but have trouble remembering yesterday. My consultant at Basildon Hospital warned that being in a coma can lead to a patient suffering with short term memory loss and he wasnt kidding. I have such a problem that now I have to write everything down in a notebook. Example: I can remember everything about meeting David Bowie in 1985 - what he was wearing - what was said - and how they would joke in Sounds about our handshake saying "six weeks and Garry Johnson has still not washed his hand". But being in a coma and now taking 17 tablets a day has muddled my brain. This is why I have to put the facts about 1989 to 2014 in the public domain and on the record (with Legal and medical docs) to prove my honesty before I run out of time or became a vegatable who can be dismissed as a rambling old man - or worse a liar. I know I`m running out of time and that my short term memory is closing down - so as a precaution I have to put the past on the record and in a book before/in case I completely lose my memory. Example: The other weekend there were three football matches on SKY and I watched all of them - but the next day - or on the Tuesday - I cant remember the exact day LOL - I was asking Adam what games did we watch? I genuinely couldnt remember if it was Man Utd or Man City...or who Chelsea played. Also I am getting confused by C4plus, ITV 2 and all the other repeat channels. During my time in Basildon Hospital I was lucky to have a en-suite room with SKY - but when I got moved to Billericay for rehab it only had normal television. I ended up watching programmes I`d never heard of - and because of my addictive personality I became hooked on them. I was watching stuff like Come Dine With Me, Hollyoaks, Four In A Bed and rubbish like Coach Trip, Dinner Date and Dickinson`s Real Deal...and sadly I still do. These programmes are repeated on various channels on different days - and I`ve lost count how many times Adam has come home and said "youve already watched that". I also have to write down the times I take my medication. In recent weeks I have been here alone - gone three days without eating - forgot to take my tablets and had a stroke. So this is why Dead Men Cant Talk has to be written while I still have control of my longterm memory. I still have my pride and because I feel so `guilty` about watching naff middle class TV shows I have to make sure I play my old Clash and Sex Pistols records to remind myself I`m still a rebel. That is why I now have to write down what I`ve watched, when I`ve eaten and the times to take my tablets. I know I`m going to die at anytime and that the end will come without any warning - that is why I`ve written so much stuff and told the truth in things like The Punk Poet and why GB is writing my official autobiography. My family - ( three children ) all have letters containing documents to prove my honesty once I`m dead - two of them already have various information - but when I die they will have the whole story - they will know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. All a dead man has is his reputation and mine will be not be destroyed by the lies of julie johnson or the taylor family.

1 comment: