Sunday 7 February 2016

The Punk Poet In Basildon Hospital


THE PUNK POET returns to Basildon Hospital as a guest on the radio show and not as a patient.

The interview is broadcast as 5pm today.

A sixty minute chat about the book and CD.

You can hear three songs from the album.

THE NEW FACE OF ROCK AND ROLL

FROM OXFORD STREET TO GRETNA GREEN

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY

Before each song I explain the lyric ...

Track 1 is about a new David Bowie or Rod Stewart

Track 2 is about young lovers fleeing the violence and civil war of London and running off to marry in Gretna Green.

Track 3 is a ballad and moving love song that I genuinely dedicate to my ex-wife Julie Johnson... in Showbiz you have to know your audience ... so I am the perfect Gent ... I only say nice things about her ... though I was tempted to mention the `films` lol ... but it was not the time or the place.

Was I sincere or having a laugh?

You the audience must decide lol...




No comments:

Post a Comment