Saturday 16 January 2016

David Bowie The Ultimate Fan







I just spoke to my mum for the first time since the tragic death of David Bowie as I knew she would not understand my grief.

I was right.

She spoke about herself rather then Bowie.

As the pictures show I did my best to be skinny and wasted like Ziggy Stardust. I took the same fast drugs, soaked up his views and tried to copy his lifestyle.

My mum was not pleased when I just said "and like David Bowie I want no-one at my funeral".

This did not go down well but I meant it.

I copied my hero in life and will do the same in death.

Once again I flicked through my book and can understand why both the Editor and the Publisher said "We could have called it `My love affair with David Bowie` ".

I am proud to say that both David Bowie and Ziggy Stardust are mentioned throughout the book

Punk Rock Stories And Tabloid Tales was sent to the printers in December 2015 so I can never be accused of jumping on any bandwagon.

Likewise the booklet included with my CD Punk Rock Stories And Tabloid Tales contains the following quote "All my life I wanted to be David Bowie or Ziggy Stardust"

The booklet was also printed in December 2015.

Both the record and book will be in all good record and book shops from February Ist and available from Amazon.co.uk.


No comments:

Post a Comment