Sunday 14 August 2016

Punk Rock Stories And Tabloid Tales - East End Boys And West End Girls

                                                 




                                                     Chapter Seventeen



                                            East End Boys And West End Girls


As well as hanging out with rock bands like The Stone Roses, I was also mixing with a sort of in-crowd and Bohemian Set who shared my love of fast drugs and David Bowie.

This saw me visiting places like the Chelsea Arts Club, receptions in The House of Parliament and going to decadent house parties in places like South Kensington and Notting Hill.

Partying with bands was one thing, but (at first) hanging out with artistic types and posh totty was hard to get my head around. It was great fun with lots of drugs, plenty of sex with beautiful people and all that,

So no complaints on that score.

At first I felt like a bit of a `class traitor` but, the more I mingled and grew up, I realised that not all posh people are the enemy. I even looked up to some of them, not in a forelock-tugging way but I admired their educated outlook and decadent lifestyle.

They also shared my fondness for Bowie, Roxy Music and The Velvet Underground and like me were into Fast drugs, casual sex and having a laugh.

TO READ MORE buy a copy of Punk Rock Stories And Tabloid Tales.


                                                      Garry Johnson - Page 148





No comments:

Post a Comment