Sunday 14 August 2016

Punk Rock Stories And Tabloid Tales - Rock And Roll Suicide




                                                                 Chapter Twenty



                                                             Rock And Roll Suicide



When I first met Julie I virtually gave up my daily use of fast drugs but, such is my personality, I swapped one addiction for another.

Fatherhood.

I`m probably wrong but dont believe amphetamines or cocaine did me any harm. I loved the buzz of speed and the kick of charlie.

It made me tick and seemed to lift my IQ.

As were friends now, I`ll let you into a little secret, There was another reason I took fast drugs, which had nothing to do with partying.

Just like models, jockeys and dancers I took speed because I wanted to be skinny. The skinnier my waist and more sunken my cheekbones, the more girls I got.

I have one of those faces that doesn`t do weight.

This book could have been called The Life And Times Of A Speedfreak Poet or The Resurrection Of A Broken Man.

Both descriptions are accurate, but dont sound as good as Punk Rock Stories And Tabloid Tales.

Whatever the title, this is the factual story of a loveable rogue.

A Cockney rebel with a big heart (broken in many ways lol) and a long memory whose life motto is "never forgive and never forget", and whose favourite saying is "What goes round comes around".

I am proud to say I`m a Punk Poet and devoted Dad who once said "My three children mean the whole world to me" and that has to be the truest statement I ever made.

TO READ MORE buy a copy of Punk Rock Stories And Tabloid Tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment