Tuesday 26 July 2016

Punk Rock Stories And Tabloid Tales - Sounds Punk And The Stone Roses

                                                     
                                          Garry Johnson and The Stone Roses
                                                     (Picture from page 134)



                                                          Chapter Sixteen
                                               
                                           Punk Rock Stories And Tabloid Tales


I was getting bored at Sounds and desperate for a new adventure. I needed a change and I got it. I certainly wasn`t bored when I discovered THE STONE ROSES and spent a year living the dream.

Over the years there have been many claimants to being the first person to predict `superstardom` for The Stone Roses.
Well that person was me.

If you dont believe me, read the brilliant Stone Roses biography by John Robb. The Reunion Edition published by Ebury Press has all the facts and a picture of me with the band on page 253.

We were kindred spirits and speed freaks who loved to party.

I have great memories of hanging out with them guys. They`d stay at mine in London and I`d supply them with marmite sarnies and flasks of coffee for the drive back to Manchester.

No-one can steal your memories and there aint many people who can say they sung the Small Faces classic "Lazy Sunday" or the West Ham anthem "Were Forever Blowing Bubbles" with The Stone Roses and I did both.

We also shared a lot of fast drugs.

TO READ MORE buy a copy of Punk Rock Stories And Tabloid Tales.




No comments:

Post a Comment